all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Monday, April 29, 2002


I havent canoed for a year and a half and that was just near home . I yearn to take the big aluminum monster and ride it on the river til my arms are tired and my back aches and when i get to the place where my head will rest , i take my clothes off on the shore and the river water washes over me and every night its another baptism. Then sleeping and hearing the wind thru the pines, a whistle that sounds all the world like the holy ghost . River food too , thick stew and pasta for dinner and peanut butter/cheese for lunch and oatmeal for breakfast and that coffee like an oil slick . If you are lucky the water is so clear you get to fish


And everything you see, the odd owl, the flocks of geese, pelicans, finches


sometimes if you are in the right place you get to the lilly clogged pond and you really become a lily dipper.


i want to go toLa Ronge not London . I want vespers round the campfire.


i want the warmth of a lover under a sleeping bag looking at the stars , i want to be frightened by a lightening storm


I want to keep in rytyhm with land of the silver birch




see thats where i wanna be




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.