all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Sunday, September 02, 2001


I went to another funeral today. I wanted to cry but i could not. Obliged emotion meant someone else was using the thick hankie. Everyone got up and said nice things about the dead. When i die provide bitterness and anger. I don't want cheap tears and false piety . Maybe i will regret saying that in a week. *shrugs*



A little paragraph on my favorite Nick Drake song.

My mother played folk music on her School Issue Record Player. She played Nick Drake and Fairport, The Carthys and all the American Folkies. I am saying this to establish cred, though if the musics good if you heard it on your mothers knee or a VW commerical it doesnt matter.



Nick Drakes Cello Song
The hand drums and the acoustic guitar provide a gentle rythym. His english voice snakes around them, all he says is comfort. Lyrics seem secondary to this lullaby coo. Then at the 2 minute mark to provide a edge of oddness in complacencies lap the cello cuts through things, like barb wire surrounding pastorals.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.