all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Friday, April 29, 2005

AnthonySEaston (2:01:26 PM): im trying to figure out american constituonal law
teenydreams (2:02:02 PM): good luck, it seems to be a squirmy beast
teenydreams (2:02:21 PM): if you have a specific question I can ask my husband, he's a lawyer
AnthonySEaston (2:03:15 PM): actually i am wondering about the connections between laws concerning treason/sedition and the second ammendment
teenydreams (2:04:49 PM): hm those are a couple of interesting things to think about together
AnthonySEaston (2:06:06 PM): esp. in relation to Nauvoo if you know anything about LDS history
teenydreams (2:06:29 PM): yes!
AnthonySEaston (2:07:05 PM): good, so ask him that then
AnthonySEaston (2:10:59 PM): if you could please and thank you
teenydreams (2:11:04 PM): :-)
teenydreams (2:11:27 PM): I don't remember the treason bit in nauvoo though, just increased seperatism?
teenydreams (2:11:33 PM): which perhaps amounts to the same thing
teenydreams (2:11:49 PM): and maybe I am confusing it with a different mormon town
AnthonySEaston (2:13:25 PM): thats the question im asking--is that if you have an army in a small town that is half the size of the total american army, and if you are sending it out ot do american tasks, and if you are making yr own citadels upon the hill, when does it stop being defenisve and when does it start becoming agressive


teenydreams (2:14:21 PM): ask the branch davidians as well
teenydreams (2:14:37 PM): and they didn't even have an army!
teenydreams (2:15:48 PM): it is a good topic for conversation, I will bring it up with him
AnthonySEaston (2:15:51 PM): well exactly
teenydreams (2:16:06 PM): but I suspect the answer is, it becomes aggressive whenever the US government says so
teenydreams (2:16:26 PM): I don't know whether there is a judicial test that actions such as that can be put to
teenydreams (2:16:32 PM): but maybe!
AnthonySEaston (2:16:48 PM): i wonder then the history
teenydreams (2:18:21 PM): and then most recently there were the 'minutemen' in arizona, going out and doing what they thought the government wasn't doing well enough
teenydreams (2:18:39 PM): if you asked any of them I'm sure they would say they are americans and would obey american military orders
AnthonySEaston (2:24:15 PM): yeah, there is something wierd in that insurection is codfied in american law but perhaps not in practice?
teenydreams (2:25:04 PM): I don't think many people have been brought up on treason charges
teenydreams (2:25:36 PM): I just looked it up, it's like 30 total!
teenydreams (2:25:41 PM): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason#United_States
AnthonySEaston (2:25:41 PM): how would you
AnthonySEaston (2:25:47 PM): i saw that
teenydreams (2:25:59 PM): how would you get brought up?
AnthonySEaston (2:29:31 PM): i dont know, why wasnt joesph smith ?
teenydreams (2:29:58 PM): maybe it wasn't worth it to bring him up after he died?
teenydreams (2:30:49 PM): there are a lot of interesting parallels between him getting involved in the judiciary/gov't in nauvoo and what is happening now!
AnthonySEaston (2:30:56 PM): tell me more3
teenydreams (2:32:06 PM): ooh well it's been a while since I read that book on nauvoo (fires of heaven or something like that?) but I remember missouri was always trying to extradite him for the mormon wars

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.