all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

FINALLY NOT RESEARCH!

Photography... is this permission slip that you're given to go into the nail salon or to walk up to that person at the bus stop and say, "Can I stare at you for 30 seconds?" It's an incredible luxury. We could do this without a camera, but it'd probably be even more awkward... I used to joke that I was going to become a "binoculographer." I'd just go around staring at people with binoculars. Kind of performance art... I feel like a large part of photography is like a performance. And the photograph is like a document of this performance, of this encounter with the world. Alec Soth, Interviewed on the Walker Blog

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.