all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

wendy's ordination, drinking afterwards, then dinner. talking with spencer before. was a reader at wendy's ordination, w. her son. spencer and i talked about kids and money. the music at the ordination consisted of psalm 42...just heartbreaking; which wendy used at her kid's baptism, and at a friend's funeral. psalm 42 is one that i go to; because i can understand longing more than completion'; but wendy's ordination is about completion of longing...sometimes the hart's drink, and sometimes you find a way of having a second kid, and sometimes you go to the diplo on college for a bad burger and a table of people who you know forever, who come to  church because of yr longing and not theirs.


 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
8 Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.