all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Friday, September 12, 2003


Damien Hirst
Charity
Painted Bronze


I love Hirst (partly) because he seems to me utterly and convincingly punk rock: that beguiling brand of arrogance, misery, hedonism and self-hatred, contradictions held at once to be totally unacceptable and a self-evidently good thing. He's in it for the money and he has complete integrity; he's taking a rise and he's deadly serious. He knows the joys of causing irruptions, however small or temporary, in the smooth face of proper grown-up Culture. What's more, when I look at his work I get that feeling of a sense of possibility even in the context of all that apparent nihilism. Oh and it's generally fun. Nasty fun.

Tim H
Brown Wedge


I think that i dislike hirst b/c he makes a fortune but pretends to be poor. i think that he is manipulitive, boring, senstaionlist, hype-driven...

but seeing how fuck you this peice is, tim might have a point.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.