all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Hunger
I had been hungry all the years;
My noon had come, to dine;
I, trembling, drew the table near,
And touched the curious wine.

'T was this on tables I had seen,
When turning, hungry, lone,
I looked in windows, for the wealth
I could not hope to own.

I did not know the ample bread,
'T was so unlike the crumb
The birds and I had often shared
In Nature's dining-room.

The plenty hurt me, 't was so new,
Myself felt ill and odd,
As berry of a mountain bush
Transplanted to the road.

Nor was I hungry; so I found
That hunger was a way
Of persons outside windows,
The entering takes away.


ed


i had lunch with colleen two days ago, and her wisdom and guidance, taught me alot, and made me consider things with new implications.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.