INTRODUCTORY INFORMATION FORM
Franciscan Province Of Christ The king
Please Note: By completing and returning this form, you are not committing yourself to joining the Franciscans. You will help the Vocation Director to respond to you more quickly and accurately.
PERSONAL INFORMATION
Date: April 12th 2004
Name: Anthony Easton
Home Address 6524 106th St. Edmonton Alberta T6H 2V6
Phone: 780 433 9815
Fax: NA
E-mail anthonyeaston@shaw.ca
Birth Date: January 14 1981
Age: 23
Place: Fort Sask. Alberta Canada
Are you living with your parents? No
PERSONAL BACKGROUNDAre you in recovery from any addiction (alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc.)? No.
Do you have any type of mental illness (bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia etc)? Yes .
If yes,explain. I have a form of autism called Aspergers Syndrome, which impairs my ability to read social cues, to understand how and why people speak, and both my fine and gross motor skills. It leads me to seek order, and an understanding of the world that results in rules. I also have been struggling with moderate to severe depression, and have been since high school. This depression seems to be congenital, with my mother and father both suffering from symptoms.
Are you taking any medication or therapy for your condition? Yes
If yes, explain. I take talk therapy once a week, as well as group therapy. This is facilatated by Dr. Jennifer Hibbard, a pyschatrist at the university.
Have you ever been in trouble with the law? No.
MARITAL STATUS
Have you ever been married? no
If yes, have you received an Annulment? No.
Are you Widowed? No.
Have you any children? No.
RELIGIOUS INFORMATIONAre you a Roman Catholic? Yes
Are you a convert? Yes
If yes, when and where were you received into the Church? Our Lady of the Angels, Fort Sask. Alberta.
Month April 12 Year 2004
Parish Our Lady of the Angels
What is your present parish?
The Chapel at St Joesphs College, Edmonton, Alberta
How are you presently involved in your parish?
Aside from attending mass, I have voluntereed to act as lector, been involved for a while working on the Catholic Club for the University of Alberta, and have attended religous retreats there. In addition, I have taken classes at St Joesphs college, talked to the priests who all know me by name and met some of the closest friends there. Friends who have taught me about Christ, who have needled me about my own hipocrasy and encouraged me on my faith journey.
Previous parish involvement:
I have spent almost all of my time at St Joesphs, only attending weekly mass at Our Lady of the Angels.
Are you involved in any volunteer work outside the parish? I have worked for several arts organazations in town, including working on the publishing comittee for 53, an arts journal from Edmonton. I also have written for the Gateway, beginning in January of 2001 and ending in Feburary of 2004.
EDUCATION / EMPLOYMENT INFORMATIONEmployment Status: Student
Highest Education Completed: 2 years of University Education.
Present employment: Part Time
Have you any personal debt? Yes
List the amount: 300
SKILLS, INTERESTS
List any skills and / or training you may have.
I am a writer, who has been published online and off in over twenty publications including The Edmonton Journal, The Victoria Times Colonist, The Halifax Star, Kiss Machine from Toronto, Freaky Trigger from London, England and Stylus from New York City. I write mostly criticism, political as well as socio-cultural. I am also a published poet.
As well, I am an auto-didact, with an interest in art, cultural studies, general theory comparative religion and theology. In this capacity I have read most of Derrida, a large chunk of Foccualt, some Baudillard, and other earlier philosophers (eg Augustine, Aquinas, Erasmus, etc)
List any Hobbies and Interests you may have.
Contemparary Visual Culture, Music, Movies, Comics and other pop culture activities.
VOCATIONAL INTERESTSHave you applied to, or been a member of a seminary or religious community before?
No.
How long have you been seriously interested in religious life ?
5 years.
Which choice of life are you considering Brother
What attracts you to the Franciscans?
Because I read the Canticle of the Sun when I was 15, and it told me a lot about how to live my life, because Francis spoke boldy against what was common and wrong, because those who follow Francis have a reputation for kindness and gentleness. Because he said preach the gospel n all your days, but use words if you have to, because I have had complicated and ambigous realtionships with men and I want to correct that. Because I grew up Latter Day Saint, and I miss the collective energy and work they put into life. Because I belive in God. Because I want to serve God as long as I live, and I think this is the best way of doing so. Because I beleive that the society that we have today is to rushed, careless, hurried and does not care about slowing down life and perserving a culture of discourse and ideas, and the best way I can think of battling that is to be a monk, and slow down my life. Because I am confused by the Chaos of the world and this promises order. Because I think that god called me to be a catholic, and when I follwed him there, he told me I was not committing enough. Because I believe that my talents and strengths would fit your brothers better then most.
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Monday, April 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
04
(837)
-
▼
4
(50)
- Jorge Luis Borges's fiction "The Library of Babel"...
- Works Cited Alifornia, Roberto. Twenty Four Conv...
- Momus on Mel Gibson--MP3, includes the immortal li...
- Pat talks about editors publishing the grocery lis...
- The advantage of being truly rich is you dont hav...
- Walmart censors the things it doesnt like. mefi
- Another hard core "logical" fascist that might be...
- text of a fifth circuit appeal which states that ...
- American Spectator article on our favourite aardvark
- KArl Rove learnt well from Nixon, burglaing a CA...
- Blessed Passover, remember others in bondage as yo...
- The Best Poems is a great collection to have. It i...
- in white court w. shea and alan, took bryan along...
- No title
- lena more, visionary quilts, from the american ...
- INTRODUCTORY INFORMATION FORM Franciscan Provinc...
- "Pick up the nearest book. Open it to page 23. Fin...
- Thank you, Anthony, for sending me your informatio...
- ok latin american lit in translation i have comp...
- & bry/i are going out to the fort to see mom, but ...
- It's easy to write post-structuralism off as a) wi...
- i am going to louisville for the trappists for t...
- PinkMoosePearl: bryan doesnt think the trappists a...
- deaf rave talks about the beats, the phyiscal tran...
- london bridge (and everything else) is falling down
- being queer in zanzibar is a crime
- US Army punishes rape with pay cuts--its an old b...
- see how much respect these motherfuckers jave f...
- The rich dont want to look at the poor. They find ...
- rainy mcmaster, epic text adventures, mural size ...
- No title
- signage, crosses and related religous imagery, rai...
- Braised Red Cabbage 1 medium red cabbage, (about 2...
- For the topping 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butte...
- chris and i talked about this font for a good five...
- kiss machine came today... they illustrated my poe...
- because i've asked, he shows me his mercy- a comp...
- god pressing interferring a black cat round mi...
- more phillips
- so all of these people dying in iraq, i am kind of...
- bad night at work, and before that, my room mate g...
- (he kept yelling the answers to my trivial pursuit...
- i am having sean arrested
- so instead of the arresting thing, i told him to g...
- as much as im an asshole to sean, and i have been,...
- tyne daly at the reproductive rights march in was...
- Singer is a generous critic. In discussing Bush's ...
- Sometimes the world is too complex, and mournful--...
- public mri: free and a 6 month wait private mri: ...
-
▼
4
(50)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment