all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Saturday, April 17, 2004

PinkMoosePearl: bryan doesnt think the trappists are a good idea, thinks it will be a waste
cthulhusalesman: a waste of what? this bodily conception of life is only good for getting to know God
PinkMoosePearl: of my life
PinkMoosePearl: he thinks i could serve better in an order that is more about the outside world
cthulhusalesman: your roommate suffers from the misconception that We Are This Body
PinkMoosePearl: (& i would agree w. that)
PinkMoosePearl: he does
cthulhusalesman: (it's the "beginning of knowlege" according to Srila Prabhupada/the Krishnas: the conclusion, "I am not this body, I am spirit soul"
PinkMoosePearl: how does one get to that conclusion
cthulhusalesman: #1 question: "What the hell am I doing here, who am I?" answer, after consulting scripture & common sense: "I must be a creation of God, if there be a God, and if God made me, then I must somehow be of the same stuff as He - is God limited by the demands of nature? no; therefore the 'me' that comes from God must be the 'me' that isn't gross matter"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.