all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Edwin, who stood near at this rite of generous enthusiasm, softly whispered to Wallace as he turned towards his troops; "But amongst all these brothers, cease not to remember that Edwin was your first. Ah, my beloved general, what Jonathan was to David I would be to thee!"

Wallace looked on him with penetrating tenderness, his heart was suddenly wrung by a recollection which the words of Edwin had recalled. "But thy love, Edwin! passes not the love of woman!"--"But it equals it," replied he; "what has been done for thee, I would do; only love me as David did Jonathan, and I shall be the happiest of the happy." "Be happy then, my dear boy," answered Wallace, "for all that ever beat in human heart for friend or brother, lives in my heart for thee." Janet Porter, The Scottish Cheifs, 1810, pg 186, qouted by The Little Professor

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.