all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

famous photographer mentoring a workshop in Tuscany: Does anyone have some photos they'd like to discuss?

Me: I have a few.

Famous photographer: Let's take a look...

Me: I think this one is my favorite from the trip so far.

Famous photographer: I see. What is it?

Me: It's the side of a van I spotted in Orvieto.

Famous photographer: It's...interesting. Do you have anything else?

Me: Well I like this one a lot too. It is a sign on the side of the road that was near the abandoned building everyone else was photographing. I was pretty pleased that I got the tip of the arrow to exactly touch the edge of the frame.

Famous photographer: Yes, it is quite symmetric. Did you shoot any of the abandoned building?

Me: No. But I got a good one of the side of our bus! Hold on, let me find it...

via JPG magazine, Grant Hamilton is the guy who does those amazing abstract polaroids.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.