I think what I think at this point was that i found it interesting that a number of male country artists who did albums as statements about their dying in the last couple of years made it harsher, harder, rougher--starting with the American Recordings by Cash and moving onwards--including but limited to Louvin, Wagoner and Kirstofferson. That this is so smooth, and so much like the golden age of AM radio really as a response to the harshness of other voices, is historically interesting--b/c Campbell wasn't an outlaw, and was almost if not a mirroring than a kind of correcting in terms of 70s country. In this sense, he is considering the trajectory that was set down for him by Webb (or to be more generous--the choice that he and Webb decided to embark on together)
Which is one of the things I really love about country music, is that the career arcs, and narratives are decades long, instead of weeks or months or even years. We are talking 40 years here.
about Glen Campbell's new single.
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
11
(101)
-
▼
9
(7)
- From September 3, 2011 I love in porn when the sig...
- Ed Ruscha Beach Towel Over 20 years on in the h...
- The Rest Is Silence: The Tapes Hyang Cho2011, 12 f...
- last night, wonderful sex with a newish boy at his...
- I think what I think at this point was that i foun...
- "I thought I was taking pictures of things that I ...
- From September 29, 2011Murdoch is god father to on...
-
▼
9
(7)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment