all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Wednesday, July 31, 2002

PinkMoos553: hello, is the artist Mel Ramos ?

Meljramos: Yes

PinkMoos553: I wanted to tell you how much I love your work

Meljramos: Thank you

PinkMoos553: I am an Art Student in Canada and people make fun of me for respecting you so much.

PinkMoos553: Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions ?

Meljramos: Please be brief, I am in Spain and I am busy with work here.

PinkMoos553: I will be brief.

PinkMoos553: I wanted to know how you consider yourself in the history of art. Are you closer to wesselman or vargas ?

Meljramos: I like to think I am closer to Diego Velasquez.

PinkMoos553: wow.

PinkMoos553: Is there an ironic element to your work, esp. the art history paintings ?

Meljramos: Absolutley. Without irony the work fails.

PinkMoos553: Last question.

Meljramos: Shoot
PinkMoos553: What do you think of the Performance art peice that quotes your candy bar paintings ?

Meljramos: I am not aware of this one. It happens quite often. Good luck with your studies and stick to your ideals.

PinkMoos553: Thank You so much sir.

PinkMoos553: and enjoy spain

Meljramos: Your are quite welcome.

PinkMoos553: it was an honour

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.