all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Wednesday, November 14, 2001

b> Random Thoughts , News, Links, Quotes , art talk, way too personal information

1) I cannot find any web information on Atilla Richard Lukas. I love his work but only have seen 9 paintings and a dozen sketches.

2) I am bringing brownies to a mormon baptism on Saturday . This baptism is really confusing me because i am not sure of the intentions of those involved . Of course it is none of my business what the intentions are but the gentleman getting baptized is risking losing his family over this . No faith is worth that much

3) Google supported Monets birthday by painting the into screen in an impressionist style . It made me realize how much i loved Andy

4) I want to fuck a coffee server at my local cafe. It has become a minor obsession. I am too scared to ask him though .

5) At the Momus Gig last monday people called Momus Nick. He was in a stage persona it seemed wrong .

6) Apparently there is an odd English show called the Moomins . I have heard there names 5 times in the last 12 days , i thought i should mention it because it has become so common in my life

7) I really wanted to get stoned in Vancouver and at least a score of strangers offered me the honour but i really did not trust the source , now that i am back home my craving has gone .
8) This is what Suzy Corrigan said about Tracy Emin :

Transparency is good. I found the early work raw (for me, a word with positive associations) and was touched by it, particularity the building-up of a narrative through the use of mementos, some of which are incredibly painful for me to look at, eg. the crumpled pack of cigarettes removed from the pocket of her uncle at the scene of his death, in a crash. I see the noose/condoms piece and think of sex and death, but I'm part of the generation who had to cope with this thing called AIDS from about the first second I ever considered having a sex life, which I know for a fact is something Tracy has done a lot of thinking about (that's what the tent is about, according to one interpretation she gave at the publishers lunch for our book launch).


I see the cataloguing of things which are 'fleeting' and recontextualised in an exhibit, kept in the permanent collections of museums. The contradiction entices me. I think she is a very powerful female artist in the first ten years of her career; she uses a lot of materials (quilts, felt) that we associate with softness and femininity and makes them hard, or hard to look at. I think she is VERY intelligent and makes some of the more dysfunctional aspects of her nature understandable to the rest of us, and I personally do not ever feel like I am watching a freak show or being wound up through attempts to shock. Much of the time I see also her annoyance with the male gaze and male appraisal, eg. the Margate 'slag' video piece. Then she turns her relentless eye for cataloguing back to herself, and has the different parts of her personality talk to each other and fight over what she should do with her life. What she is showing is all true, which makes her distinct from spin doctors, although she does have many of the same talents for storytelling. I think it is TOO EASY, when an artist uses the visceral, to say that it's all down to shock value. She is one of the least superficial artists I can think of working today.


This is really cool because i have been trying to get Tracys work forever . I thought it was because it was abject, filthy . But i think she is correct , Ms Emins work has caused be discomfort because it is so naked

9) Geoff and I are working on a web project. 100 queer erotic poems . It is meant as a sampler of sexual tastes, identities and practices through out history. There has been in our attempts to gain social justice a leeching of our sex . I wanted to celebrate how and why queers fuck and who they fuck as vital .

10) In the book Gay New York which i am reading shows the diffrence in identity in the first half of the 20th Century . Roughly the passive homosexual was considered a different gender then the Active Inserter or a WOman . Often Working Class men when unable to find a woman would find a fairy

11) As early as 1890 there were live sex acts in the Bowery . Between Men.

12) 1.7 billion dollars are being cut from the Albertan Budget this year !

13) There is an Avedon photo of a nude Joe Delliano (sp) and a nude Candy DArling . They are at the oppisote ends of a gate way folder .


On the right is short but butch. He has tattos curling up his arms , his cock is half hard, his hair is Paris island Short . He has his arms crossed across his chest .

Candys cock is vestigial and her tits look like Jane Mansfield. Her face is caked in Max Factor and she has blood red lips ( its a b&w photo but you can tell)

13a)Joe slept with men but claimed he was not gay
Candy had a penis but claimed she had 365 periods a year

13b) Candy died trying to be a woman and people remember her for that , She was the Madame Pompadour of the Factory

15) I feel Nostalgia for the Mormon Church

16) i got new glasses they are rubber and thin steel wire . they look handsome . However you can now tell i am an artphag w/o the 30 sex. of conversation .

17) My blog, the one you are reading is on google . i feel really bizarre and yes i did a vanity search .
18 ) . my d.o.a column






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.