I am stuck in a small town that hates me. I am called faggot from the windows of moving pickups, I have trouble finding work, and everyone knows my family and me. I have been sick this year, depressed, and have seizures as well. It has been cold and extremely lonely. I grew up in this town, and every time it gets bad, I go back to my mother's house. Listening to the Mountain Goats' The Sunset Tree once a week for a year has been inspiring. It feels strange to say this, but it has given me hope and a reason for living. John Darnielle's rampant optimism, tempered by a hard realism, reminds me to put one foot in front of the other.
Anthony Easton
Fort Sask, Alberta
Qouted in the Village Voice, Pazz and Jop 2006.
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
06
(540)
-
▼
1
(22)
- Ten Americans, by Ray 10. Richard CheneyDick has b...
- IN 2006 MORE COCK, MORE JESUS, MORE GIN, MORE PUSS...
- No title
- “Girls call me Jolly Rancher, Cuz I stay so hard, ...
- The Decemberist logs four historic debates about ...
- Jessica Simpson's "The Sweetest Sin" is still one ...
- cute</>japanese t shirts featuring inner organsTwo...
- Things to Do in JanuraryWriting:1) Stylus (Page Fr...
- menu (batifole)duck terrine (gerhkins, the best mu...
- i will write more about brokeback mountian later, ...
- Art I Saw:Antartica Stephen Bulger A-Some of the m...
- 1. Allyson Mitchell Lesbian Sasquatches Paul ...
- The thing that people forget about cheating is tha...
- Playground by Jennifer Sagnior, its trash, pure tr...
- No title
- for some reason the world of warcraft bans any cla...
- Heartaches By the Numbers: Country Music's 500 Gre...
- i Anthony:We will be posting your review of Page F...
- i saw this in vancouver once, w/o its cctv apparat...
- Alec Soth takes photos of the pyschosexual implica...
- Donald Barthelme (Pick Up)40 Stories60 Stories Sno...
- I am stuck in a small town that hates me. I am cal...
-
▼
1
(22)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment