Jessica Simpson's "The Sweetest Sin" is still one of my favourite singles of the decade, though I imagine if anyone heard it and was turned off by it, they'd mostly be turned off by how "mature" it sounds. It's sort of an aching, grand piano-driven, bombastic elegance, a sound that, if it even exists in pop these days, I assume it would exist only in places like Josh Groban (places I assume I probably wouldn't care to visit)--much moreso anyway than in "teen" music. I can't think of a current pop song that less resembles Jessica's sister and Kelly Clarkson and Hilary Duff (or anyway, the little that I've heard by them). Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I agree with the point about teen-as-AC.
Frank Kogan
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Friday, January 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
06
(540)
-
▼
1
(22)
- Ten Americans, by Ray 10. Richard CheneyDick has b...
- IN 2006 MORE COCK, MORE JESUS, MORE GIN, MORE PUSS...
- No title
- “Girls call me Jolly Rancher, Cuz I stay so hard, ...
- The Decemberist logs four historic debates about ...
- Jessica Simpson's "The Sweetest Sin" is still one ...
- cute</>japanese t shirts featuring inner organsTwo...
- Things to Do in JanuraryWriting:1) Stylus (Page Fr...
- menu (batifole)duck terrine (gerhkins, the best mu...
- i will write more about brokeback mountian later, ...
- Art I Saw:Antartica Stephen Bulger A-Some of the m...
- 1. Allyson Mitchell Lesbian Sasquatches Paul ...
- The thing that people forget about cheating is tha...
- Playground by Jennifer Sagnior, its trash, pure tr...
- No title
- for some reason the world of warcraft bans any cla...
- Heartaches By the Numbers: Country Music's 500 Gre...
- i Anthony:We will be posting your review of Page F...
- i saw this in vancouver once, w/o its cctv apparat...
- Alec Soth takes photos of the pyschosexual implica...
- Donald Barthelme (Pick Up)40 Stories60 Stories Sno...
- I am stuck in a small town that hates me. I am cal...
-
▼
1
(22)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment