The thing that people forget about cheating is that it's so much fun. When I Think About Cheating? may not be the best example on Womack's album, but it's the most contained and the best sung. The aching, arching voices here remind me of aching, arching bodies.
Anthony Easton
Brad Paisley's explicit traditionalism works against him. His songs with women are often misogynist, his political work is often retrograde, and his humor is borscht belt stale, but his God work is astonishing. A song like When I Get Where I'm Going features his simplest playing and his deepest singing. There is nothing new here, but because it lacks evangelism and does not tie God to the flag, its holiness moves slowly and earnestly. In this age of Bush and Blair, of fake churchgoing and bad pseudo-metal in churches the size of small towns, which look architecturally like Wal-Marts, having something that sounds like this is like a balm in Gilead.
Anthony Easton
From The Annual Nashville Scene Poll, a rookie and already 2 comments published, out of about 20!
rest here
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
06
(540)
-
▼
1
(22)
- Ten Americans, by Ray 10. Richard CheneyDick has b...
- IN 2006 MORE COCK, MORE JESUS, MORE GIN, MORE PUSS...
- No title
- “Girls call me Jolly Rancher, Cuz I stay so hard, ...
- The Decemberist logs four historic debates about ...
- Jessica Simpson's "The Sweetest Sin" is still one ...
- cute</>japanese t shirts featuring inner organsTwo...
- Things to Do in JanuraryWriting:1) Stylus (Page Fr...
- menu (batifole)duck terrine (gerhkins, the best mu...
- i will write more about brokeback mountian later, ...
- Art I Saw:Antartica Stephen Bulger A-Some of the m...
- 1. Allyson Mitchell Lesbian Sasquatches Paul ...
- The thing that people forget about cheating is tha...
- Playground by Jennifer Sagnior, its trash, pure tr...
- No title
- for some reason the world of warcraft bans any cla...
- Heartaches By the Numbers: Country Music's 500 Gre...
- i Anthony:We will be posting your review of Page F...
- i saw this in vancouver once, w/o its cctv apparat...
- Alec Soth takes photos of the pyschosexual implica...
- Donald Barthelme (Pick Up)40 Stories60 Stories Sno...
- I am stuck in a small town that hates me. I am cal...
-
▼
1
(22)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment