ad busters took a story based on this pitch:
I live in a small town, and work as a photographer/writer. Part of my
photographic practice is to take photos where ever I go, including Wal
Mart. The last time I took a photo in Wal Mart, a floor worker told
his assistant manager, who told me that the law prohibited this. She
forced me to erase the photos from my memory card, and threatened to
have my arrested. This bullying is regular to Wall Mart, it is the
only place to get DVDS, CDs, photo-processing, Polaroid film, and
other daily resources. To live in this town is to interact with Wal
Mart. To record it, is to reclaim it. I have taken photos of the
taxidermy in the sporting goods, of patterns in the floor tile, of
large scale capitalism and human scale interactions. I am not
competition, and there is no excuse for me not to use it. I want to
write about the complicated, sometimes violent and often exhausting
relationship between citizens and Wal Mart. To do this, I want to take
photos in Wal Mart, and attempt to get permission as well. Writing
about what happens in various Wal Marts in assorted Albertan small
towns, when I try to take photos without talking to Canadian
headquarters in exurban Toronto, and the labyrinthine maze that occurs
when interacting with those who lead, I want to implicate the
pyscho-geographic complexities that occur here.
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
06
(540)
-
▼
2
(50)
- A Lexington writer points out that maybe the praye...
- tim barber asked for a print of one of the truck s...
- the forty year old virgin is a v. conserative and ...
- Excerpts of Ratzinger's first encylical. ...His lo...
- Best Picture: MunichBest Director: George Clooney ...
- insane film director ken russell (lizstmania, the ...
- libdem higher up mark oaten, who got fired for fuc...
- 52 book project i have decided that instead of rec...
- From an article about Ratzinger's personal history...
- John DudaI like how it works between photo-realism...
- No title
- Robert Adams works better in black and white
- http://www.banffcentre.ca/programs/program.aspx?id...
- pysch assesment done by dr massey and asst. (half...
- some other things remembered:the personality inven...
- some other things remembered:the personality inven...
- ad busters took a story based on this pitch:I live...
- The Duchess of Northumberland just spent 3.3m lbs ...
- Johari Windowfrom Lisa--It would mean lots if you ...
- i was going to be part of an online forum with the...
- Yek Wong, acrylic latex on canvas over panel, Forr...
- Also from Western Projects. The homoeroticism of c...
- Candy DArling on her Death Bed, Peter Huja, 198(7?)
- Steven Shearer creates mass collages out of the de...
- here is the invite for the show my photo is in (bl...
- Tomorrow dont fuck, cause Valentines is the day of...
- I expanded Yek with a discussion of Sue Williams h...
- a collective of housing advocates in Sao Paulo h...
- Taking Sides: versus
- Adrian Platts is a Photog, from Detroit, this is t...
- Google Video's Randomness is once again present he...
- interview w. me from jt kirklands site. watch me b...
- james maybank just died
- Raymond does not think that this animal is the cut...
- Trace Adkins new single is old news, its been on a...
- sometimes wisdom comes from the strangest places--...
- Don't become a well-rounded person. Well rounded p...
- salvation is a poor substitute for ecstasyjohnny e...
- annoated 30 pages of the book today, the first tim...
- Ten Fictional Char. I would Like to Fuck:1)Ofcr. D...
- Steve Fietch, One Star, From New Signs in Visual C...
- More of those amazing photos of the bellies of air...
- i just had a dream about edmonton colleen. there w...
- last nights dream was shopping for nuts (peacans, ...
- adbusters, they wanted to print it as a letter to ...
- x tra west took the r kelly peice. links: an amusi...
- http://rufuswainwright.com/carnegiehallWhat do we ...
- list of songs to download, from bluenecks and redn...
- rare volume, of grims fairy tales, illustrated by ...
- alright, questions about the 70s in country musich...
-
▼
2
(50)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment