all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Saturday, June 23, 2007

A few months ago, an art critic asked me about my "signature style." Well, this question startled me. I've never thought in those terms. My work from the seventies, which to this critic exemplified my "signature style," was made by me in response to certain questions and problems I needed to pursue. I never thought in terms of style. The style was a result of my exploration."
-Stephen Shore

I keep thinking about art for arts sake, and my own way of approching these things. i view my work as solving problems. so what ever the best way of solving a paticular problem, or sorting a paticular set, is the tool i will use. sometimes thats words, sometimes thats pictures, sometimes thats taxonomies, and sometimes thats something else.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.