all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Two Small Rites for the City.

As an attempt at some kind of "kitchen magic", Ashley helped me complete two small performances last night.

1) We lit 30 candles on Jasper Ave, in the concrete railing, by the Journal Building.
2) I wrote 30 words on round, white paper key chains, and put those key chains on a board with hooks on it. The board was installed on the side of Sorentino's resturant. The words were ones that could have many meanings, and be used many ways, in most parts of speech. Some of the words had an art historical context. Some of the words had religious implications.

I will post pictures on flickr, next week.

9 comments:

MC said...

Weird. I could have sworn you were just criticizing Greenberg for not making a separation between art and life, on another blog...

Must be a different Anthony, I guess.

MC said...

P.S. Comment moderation/word verificatin is for fags.

Anthony said...

its just a spam prevention. Ryan can you please not call me a fag.

MC said...

Of course, Anthony, and my apologies. No offense intended, honest.

All (intentionally awkward) kidding aside though, seriously, how much spam does you site get, and how many comments?

I bring it up, because we used to, long ago, have word verification turned on, but really, after turning it off, there's just no spam to mention.

Meanwhile, real people, like myself, who might want to add a comment, are discouraged by the spontanaity-killing word verification thingy, and the waiting for a comment to appear.

So, you asked for my participation here, and there it is. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it takes a critical form...

(wouldn't you know... buggy word verification is asking me to re-enter the letters... FUCK!)

Anthony said...

i can take the word verifcation, and i understand the spontaneity thing...but i get 8 spam comments for every real comment, so yeah it gets annoying from my end.

Anonymous said...

"Ryan can you please not call me a fag."

That sums it up nicely. Anthony, you should make T-shirts!

I can't believe that MC put you in a position where had to say this, however. Sometimes the internet is a lot like the schoolyard.

Word verification is perfectly normal and acceptable. Also, as this thread clearly demonstrates, maybe it's a good idea for people to take a little reflective pause before they post...

I think your performances sound very interesting. I want to know what the words were.

-Sally

Anonymous said...

I'd buy that tee shirt.

ahab said...

Is it unnecessarily combative to note that as blog author, Anthony did 'approve' the comment in order to publish it and respond to it?

Anthony said...

The wording is awkard, but if you notice, I will approve every comment that isn't spam.

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.