Font Show
These photographs of signs are like communicating with Toronto. Literally, they talk about the patterns of commerce, transportation, population, and politics, the neighborhoods that rise and fall, the immigrant communities that grow and move. Moving from City Center to the suburbs, I take photos of text that I find intriguing.Sometimes the font is interesting because of its decay, or its homemade crude charm, and sometimes it is interesting for its commercial power, and the design element is an important aspect of this project. I think that signage is the place where those two meet.
I think that the mark of a living city is one that pays attention to language. Toronto allows words to organically flowing through its citizens reflecting the diversity of languages, of messages, of desires, and of foundational texts.
In this spirit, I want people to be given permission to take the prints. Taking them off the wall, and bringing them to their neighborhoods, as emissaries of other cultures, and other places.
Installation Notes:I want to wallpaper the room with 4x7 drug store prints of signs, overwhelming the space with visual noise, and allowing viewers to create their own narratives.
Production Budget:
500 Artist Fee
370 Prints (1000 prints at 37 cents a print)
30 Installation Materials (Bluetak)Total: 900.
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
09
(371)
-
▼
1
(37)
- me: ryan seacrest is superfuckable Sent at 2:06 A...
- 1) What was the last movie you saw theatrically? O...
- listen to this and then go find the lacey dalton v...
- From the “Quickies” section of the “Joy of Sex.” “...
- i am wearing socks and uncomfortable shoes, and i ...
- . i went in to this program at 9, which means i go...
- watching the documentary Weather Underground, i ke...
- I continue my obsession with BRomance.
- good newsnew orleans is paid for.bad newsi have to...
- monday, 4, 1004 robards friday, 6?, north york har...
- i'm a fag, and i'm crazy, and im not paticuallry g...
- From Untitled AlbumActual Graphic from Focus on th...
- job club realization one: all of the networking, t...
- 100 skills i havesynthesing information from dispa...
- Carrie Underwood's "Just a Dream" was domestic mel...
- Ten Artists I Love That Clement Greenberg Loved:He...
- dinner:lisa, peter, leo, d, ray, pat, colleen, jac...
- Theodore Allen, The Invention of the White Race, V...
- two things for the resumeProfile: Anthony Easton i...
- i know obama will disappoint me, i know that he is...
- Five Questions to Answer for hte PCA/AA Conference...
- From Reading Country Music Duke UP 1998Blue Moon o...
- Re: Beyoncé's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)": ...
- Font ShowThese photographs of signs are like commu...
- “By doing something incomprehensible, you place yo...
- To Whichever Officious Cunts are in Charge of Thi...
- True West : authenticity and the American West / ...
- the mini pepsi can represents a blue slime
- ten things to do this week: fax resume to pd with...
- Hokey meets authentic, kitsch meets cool, and freq...
- Mills and Boons team up with the Rugby Union (Ang...
- Prozac is a mystifed self rather than a mystical ...
- I'm putting on my favorite cowboy bootsLike a craz...
- I SHOULD OWN THE FOLLOWING HATS:A) COSSACK HATB) S...
- White Masculinity in the Recent South Trent Watts ...
- http://www.gladstonehotel.com/piecework_call.html
- "Nothing is original. Steal from anywhre that reso...
-
▼
1
(37)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment