all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Trace Adkins new single is old news, its been on all the message boards, the videos all over CMT, late nite comix have made as many jokers as the bloggers have, and I should be able to just laugh it off. Hony Tonk Badonkadonk, oh look its a booty song, oh look its about women, isnt it "clever". But I keep thinking that it hates women, and its quasi racist, and shit like this blows up, when genuine slippages b/w hip hop and country go unlistened to by anyone but critics.

Even worse, Adkins' last song was called Arlington, the only song abut the iraq war that actually mentions bodies in the ground.

I want pop to be about something. Thats horribly naive of me, isnt it ?

Thru the stage magic of theory, I have made culture about things it wasnt--i convinced myself that Jessica Simpson was a pop goddess, and the rise of Crazy Frog was the rise of a new prophet. How long can you mainline sugar before you become a diabetic though? Even Chely Wright's Bumper of my SUV, said something, said something horribly fascist, and kind of silly, but had an opinon beyond "I like to fuck broads with big asses"

2 comments:

M.A. said...

so, in terms of slippages between country and hip hop- any recomendations?

Anthony said...

Cowboy Troy, Uncle Kracker, Buck 65, Delivery and The Kuntry Killaz, Dirk Powell/DanjaMowf at the Appalshop, some Big and Rich, that Tim McGraw/Nelly Single, The Gourds covers of Gin and Juice, there are others.

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.