all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Friday, June 06, 2003

my conversion.

Did I do it because I hate my father?
Did I do it for pomp and circumstance
Did I do it to add to a romantic myth
Did I do it because it was unexpected ?
Did I do it because I found the priests handsome ?
Did I do it because I found the life hard, and Im a masochist ?

Did I do it because the stories of the saints ran holy
Did I do it because it gave Mary prominence
Did I do it because of Augustine and Aquinus and the traditions they birthed ?
Did I do it because I could see Christ in her chapels, and I couldn’t when I was LDS ?
Did I do it because I found god and did not want to let it go ?
Did I do it because it made me less lonely ?

Did I do it because of Confession ?
Did I do it because of the holy ?
Did I do it because it would let me lapse into or fight against the conservative ?
Did I do it because I love her ?
Did I do it because I thought it was true.
Did I do it because the holy spirit called me ?

Am I a catholic for the right reasons ?
Or the wrong ones ?

Does it matter now, that I am in ?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.