all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Monday, May 14, 2007

AnthonySEaston (8:48:54 AM): and youve seen when attack lately
PreCurWV (8:49:10 AM): Oh, yeah.
AnthonySEaston (8:49:29 AM): about the mary jane statue
PreCurWV (8:49:38 AM): I worry that the inherent ugliness of the object and the sadness of the fact that someone might actually find it sexually appealing has been lost.
AnthonySEaston (8:50:39 AM): i go thru previews every month, and i see shit thats as offensive, every time.
AnthonySEaston (8:50:41 AM): or worse
AnthonySEaston (8:50:50 AM): rape imagery, less clothes, abuse,
AnthonySEaston (8:51:01 AM): and i am wondering why this one pissed everyone off
AnthonySEaston (8:51:04 AM): honest question
PreCurWV (8:53:14 AM): Well... it's a little difficult for me to say exactly. I thought it was kind of a hideous, witless affront to what could be and have been sort of witty approaches to the same subject matter.
PreCurWV (8:53:37 AM): It's not conceptually all that offensive, but it's really tone-deaf, so maybe that's it.
AnthonySEaston (8:54:11 AM): its pretty fucking offensive
AnthonySEaston (8:54:34 AM): but tone deaf misogyny and sexualised violence is what i expect from marvel
PreCurWV (8:55:17 AM): Well, yeah, especially when it comes to licensed items.
AnthonySEaston (8:55:29 AM): or DC
PreCurWV (8:56:28 AM): Oh, for sure.
AnthonySEaston (8:57:42 AM): or large chunks of indie comics or Dark Horse or or or
PreCurWV (8:58:01 AM): Exactly.
AnthonySEaston (8:58:24 AM): so its pretty fucking offensive, but it maitnains a stnd
PreCurWV (8:59:16 AM): And it is kind of odd to attack the object, which is garden-variety hideous and tacky, instead of the standard.
AnthonySEaston (8:59:54 AM): thats the point im making
AnthonySEaston (9:00:08 AM): lets look at previews this month
PreCurWV (9:00:46 AM): Do I have to? I always want to blind myself when I flip through certain pubs' stuff.
AnthonySEaston (9:01:17 AM): sorry
AnthonySEaston (9:01:28 AM): i want to see if this is any more egergeious3
AnthonySEaston (9:01:51 AM): http://previews.diamondcomics.com/public/news_images/40480_85192_1.jpg
PreCurWV (9:02:36 AM): Too run-of-the-mill. It has no attempt at satirical intent.
AnthonySEaston (9:02:58 AM): true, i didnt pick up the real previews this month
PreCurWV (9:03:24 AM): I did. I'll have to go through and see how much horrible Lady Death crap is in there.
“PreCurWV” is away from the computer

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.