all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Friday, August 24, 2012


I keep thinking that (and this is true of all QT films) that Inglorius Basterds is a manifesto about Cinema--but it seems to be, the ntirate, and the burning, and the destroying of the theater via film; in fact when Shoshanna says: "I am going to burn down the Cinema, on Nazi night, and I am not going to do it alone"--what Tarintino says, is that Cinema has the potential to destroy the real--that the act of respresentation is an act of ahistorical political "realness" that uses its own form to deconstruct power. Which is also what is said, in the inclusion of the clip that looks like Refiensthal, or Aldo Raine saying that killing Nazis was their version of going to the movies.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.