V and A is comissionisn g some classic fabric as new products
and some Hussien Chalayan work as well
who knew that oxblood and electric blue would work so well in classic men's shoes
7 minor leauge ballparks (its pat's fault im linking this)
yr favourite LA modernist houses in lego
Kevin Fowler, Hell Yeah I Like Beer.
Preview of Francois Moloy's new book on kyboshed New Yorker Covers
Art Install Tumblr
Frank Gohlke is one of the New Topographers, and he is one who ends up as the least known, which is a bit of a shame, because I think that his work is among the strongest. I think the other workers ended up as pure artists or pure documentarians, and so they ended up talking about formal or about documentary work, but their work reflected a v. spec. aesthetic. I think the difference with Gohlke is that his work was never sure about exactly what he was working through, and so his best work has a historical view and was beautiful at the same time--these shots from the 79 torondo in Tulsa were s ome of the generations best news photographer, but the composition is as strong as someone like Adams.
J Dilla's record collection, about 7000 peices or so, is being parcelled out and sold at UHF in Royal Oak, MI.
Britian was supposed to save collections of colonial history, and give it back to the countries in question. They seemed to have destoryed it instead.
This is a shot from released Cold War Spy Documents in Checkslovakia. a few more here
17 photos of famous photogs taking mirror shots the best one is a slightly pervy Helmust Newton and Weegee gone silly.
a really elegant essay on the nature of language and how it releated to the 20k pyramid. well worth reading
dozens of photos of paul rudolph houses
a variety of vintage razor blade wrappers. my favourite is the blue swedish steel.
Adam Bartos, Los Angeles 1979. I love the colo (the brown and the bronze matching the grass, the silver matching the concrete) r, but i love the line of the car, and the slight say of the concrete overpass, and how there looks like there might be something untoward going on
a few dozen nuculer slide rules
screen caps of the juries during the first season of law and order
John Severin died this week, and i keep forgetting how well he drew a cowboy
Turing c ontinues not to be pardoned
this article on sol lewitt's creation of sacred jewish objects is really nice religious and arts writing
and buy a sol lewitt kippah at the jewish musuem
This 34 seconds of Kinski and Keener might be the sexiest thing i have seen in months.
LIz Phair on Lana Del Ray
fantastic country tumblr
China and Russia's realtionship to Syria is a bit fucked up
fifty one is a french/african photo gallery--they have lots of shots
Sallly O is a fantastic writer, this small essay on Bryan Ferry's covering of Dylan's A Hard Rain Is Going to Fall is just elegant.
I think that the Vicki Leck is one of the least heard and more cogent poltically of MIA'a attempts at being a bourgie revoultionary.
Samuel Morris Brown's book on Josepsh Smith and the early Mormon World View of DEath seems new
aside from these quilts being called Domestic Construction by Big Cartel, which is amusing, they are lovely simple, well crafted objects
37 photos of people in horse masks
My friend Spencer, who is very Baptist and I often have fights about how to be Christian and Liturgiucal--he notes that there is a recent trend to make ideas about Christianity in Evangelical circles tighter, and less floating freely through the air--that there might even be a tradition of Catholic Baptists, and that the folks his age are picking it up. There is a new book by Dr Stephen Harmon, about these trends, and the history it is deriving from, I haven't read it yet, but t he intereview here challeneges much of what I thought about Christian expereinces.
etsy shop of beautiful banners
pythons as alpha predators are eating most of everything in the everglades
some great studio photos of Twombly near the end of his life by Seidener
Paris Review on Sexy Librarians
D and Q is publishing 50s era Pipi Comics soon
10 moments when Letterman is not ironic
Leonard Cohen live in Toronto ca 1993
animal videos random new yorker's response to the question what are you doing tonight
Human Rights Watch publishes academic documents on mental health and solitary confinement
UK Water Gaurd Student group graduation photos 1965
someone made a custom fisher price record that played the portal song still alive
a dozen photos of the Costa Concordia wreck
Sinead O Connor Daddy I'm Fine
Porn Tumblr for Sticky Out Male Ears
Greg Duli Sings Paper Thin Hotel (must listen)
Clip Art of the Michigan SEal
Elijah's Church, Steve Earle.
When I'm dead and I'm gone
Won't you carry me home
To that little white church
In my daddy's home town
'Cause Lord knows I'm some kind of sinner
But I've done come this far
And it's too late for changin'
When this race has been run
Take me back where I came from
And let me return what I took from the ground
When this body won't carry me no further
Take me back
And lay me down



2 comments:
I'm amazed by your blog. Can you tell me what is going on? I think I missed something somewhere. I love it. But I would love a hint as to what is going on. XOXO
I'm amazed by your blog. Can you tell me what is going on? I think I missed something somewhere. I love it. But I would love a hint as to what is going on. XOXO
Post a Comment