all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Friday, December 02, 2005

"Numerous questions, concerns and debates surround the dildo and whether it fits in lesbian sex (see Findlay 1999). Is it a penis substitute? Is it a male stand-in? Is it a phallus? Is it a fetish? Can it feel? Does it feel good to her? Is it erotic? Can it be castrated? Should I castrate it? Am I castrated? Do I have penis envy? Do I have phallus envy? Do I have a fetish? Do I want to be a man? Is this the only way to have active sex? Is it perverted? Am I a pervert? Do I look stupid wearing it? Should I read more Lacanian theory? Should I read a feminist's interpretation of Lacan? Should I castrate Lacan? Am I experiencing a form of castration just be reading Lacan? Should I be wearing the dildo while I read Lacan?"

- Heather Butler, '"What Do You Call a Lesbian with Long Fingers?": The Development of Lesbian and Dyke Pornography', in Porn Studies, ed. Linda Willams, Duke University Press, Durham and London 2004

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.