all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Should I get married? Should I be good?
Astound the girl next door with my velvet suit and faustus hood?
corso

lisa and leos wedding...the two who got together not because they mutually loved god or work, but because they were passionite towards each other. the community then celebrating not quite love, but a kind of foundational optimism. there is then, not a desire to be good, to perform unnatural acts in realtion to the state, but in the ancient sense, of introducing the community to the idea that desire can be channelled, and passion can mutate and mantain.

3 comments:

D said...

How is the community celebrating "not quite love" if the couple in question most assuredly do love each other? Just because they may not "mutually love god or work" does not mean there is no love present. Am I misreading you?

There is a desire to be good, but to each other and to those around them right here and right now, for its own merits. That love is not directed to a Higher Power, it is sent out to those of us at ground level. I found that infinitely more touching than a ritual with any relation to the state -- this was ALL about sharing passion with the community, and witnessed in the group "I do" included in the vows.
As for that desire and passion which inspired the whole thing? That's an element to the pairing which is so strong it's very nearly tangible, and has been right from day one.

Anthony said...

totally misreading me.

i found it amazing, and wonderful, that they were willing to get married, just on love's sake. For their own merits, adn to show a community, that marrying because of mutually agreed on passions was a proper thing to do. proper is the wrong word here, but i cannot quite find the right one.

D said...

Okay, I can see that. The OP was a little awkward in terms of wording, then.
Not proper... but a good thing? A right thing? Perhaps even the best thing? A tremendous thing which bucks the tradition of the rites in the first place? Yes, I understand.

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.