all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Thursday, July 03, 2003

: I would hope not. But I'll tell you this: I think that any honest and candid supporter of the death penalty has to acknowledge that that support comes in spite of the fact that there will inevitably be some mistakes. And that's a harsh concession to make, but I think it's the only honest concession to make, and it should spur us to have appreciation for habeas corpus, for the procedural safeguards for the accused, and for the fairness that's a part of the American judicial system and to resist efforts to take away the procedural safeguards.
al gore in the san fransico bay gaurdian
thanks to talk left for both of these links

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.