all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Saturday, August 27, 2005

About Eyes Wide Shut and other things

MartinHSkidmore (4:14:30 AM): I think Kubrick knows deadpan and knows satire, but I didn't spot a lot of either in EWS
AnthonySEaston (4:15:23 AM): how can the papal masked orgy be anything but
MartinHSkidmore (4:16:03 AM): I don't recall that bit clearly, but ridiculous isn't necessarily the same as funny
AnthonySEaston (4:18:25 AM): it actually wasnt erotic at all, either
MartinHSkidmore (4:18:52 AM): yeah, I agree with that
AnthonySEaston (4:20:42 AM): its anti eroticism may have been part of the camp readng though
MartinHSkidmore (4:21:21 AM): or it may be part of a director who can't do human feeling, sexual or otherwise
AnthonySEaston (4:21:42 AM): he did human feeling well in barry lyndon
MartinHSkidmore (4:22:22 AM): I don't think I ever saw that, but it seemed a failing of his generally
AnthonySEaston (4:23:14 AM): i think that a cold analytical eye to human failings, and a fear of humanity isnt t he same as someone who cant do human feelings though?
MartinHSkidmore (4:24:01 AM): no it isn't, but I don't think he had those things
AnthonySEaston (4:24:59 AM): maybe hes an aspie
AnthonySEaston (4:25:07 AM): i connect to him as an aspie, in alot of ways
MartinHSkidmore (4:25:19 AM): that's an interesting point
MartinHSkidmore (4:25:26 AM): I have no idea about SK
MartinHSkidmore (4:25:41 AM): but I guess it gives you another way of relating to some films
AnthonySEaston (4:26:44 AM): to some art
AnthonySEaston (4:26:59 AM): to warhol, to kubrick, to baker in some ways
MartinHSkidmore (4:27:14 AM): Baker?
AnthonySEaston (4:28:24 AM): nicholson
MartinHSkidmore (4:28:53 AM): ah, good call
AnthonySEaston (4:29:12 AM): im not saying they do have aspergers, you know what i mean
MartinHSkidmore (4:29:18 AM): yeah, I know
MartinHSkidmore (4:29:27 AM): and it makes sense
MartinHSkidmore (4:29:45 AM): there's an interesting article in this, except I don't know who would be buying it
AnthonySEaston (4:31:09 AM): no one ever buys for much anyways
AnthonySEaston (4:31:24 AM): do you mind if i blog some of this?
MartinHSkidmore (4:31:38 AM): why would I mind?
MartinHSkidmore (4:31:42 AM): of course not
MartinHSkidmore (4:31:49 AM): it's interesting

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.