all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Monday, October 13, 2003

My Brother, the Rock Star

1.
My brother is a rock star
He’s big in Japan

The sound of his guitar
Is so lonely and lonely

2.
He lives in Las Vegas
Without state income tax

He pins notes to his corkboard
With multicolored tacks

3.
Red is for URGENT
Green is FOREGO

Yellow is APPOINTMENTS
Blue is for LONELY

4.
Dear me, I am lonely
Although the Japanese know me

Although the Japanese know me
They don’t even know me

5.
I live in Las Vegas
I’m thirty-five years old

Where is my high school metal band?
How did this happen?

6.
Every several months
He visits Japan

To play music before
His adoring fans

7.
To witness first-hand
Those superfast trains

Watch triangles of cranes
Above Tokyo!

8.
He sings, I’m so lonely
So lonely and lonely

Is this what I dreamt of
This only and only?

9.
My brother is a rock star
He lives in Las Vegas

He calls me at night
To say, It’s this only

Eugene Ostashevsky


found here, a great series of poems

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.