I am not a nature freak. Even when i canoe i want town breaks every two days. Something about the power and majesty that overwhelms me. But i do get to see my share in the city . Sometimes it is rodents. Gophers, Squirrels, that sort of thing but it is mostly birds. It does provide a respite.
I walked to church earlier that morning. I saw ravens, crows and gulls. Tough birds. Ones willing to live on the refuge we make as urban dwellers. They are loud and obvious. The crow has been so common of late it no longer seems a harbinger. You can see how the sleek blackness scared people once. But now it seems to be a rubbish bird. A slimmer cousin to the awkward squalling gull.
Gulls were my first indicator of the cruelty of my fellow humans. Camping when i was 7 i saw a gull death spiraling . I rushed over to the bird wondering what could cause this. As i saw its body in agony. Someone had shot it with an arrow. The hunter maybe two years older then me came to the same place soon after. I sputtered accusations, then fled to my mothers comfort.
I wrote and read on a rock by the river after church. I saw this white fluttering. It was disguised by the kelly green poplars. I was too far away and it was too silent. It seemed like when i was 9 and canoeing with my father . We saw 4 pelicans on the Pembina River. A place where pelicans did not usually gather. These looked like swans. I was sure they were not.
Last night at 2 in the morning i was getting infuriated with myself . I was not sleeping, . I was dicking around on the computer, trying to arrange a million things and not succeeding on any of them . I then heard this ghostly honking sound . I rushed outside. It was dark, the moon was invisible. The street lights were blinding. But i saw them. Maybe three dozen geese flying in that elegant and efficient V.
all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich
Monday, August 27, 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
01
(157)
-
▼
8
(33)
- Hey this is my first blog. wrote something about a...
- . Tonight i got drunk on cheap red wine. I wore a ...
- center i say the rosary every morning and eve...
- I watched Fight Club and Family Man back to back o...
- went to church today. It was the boring and flip p...
- I I am listening to the Bjork and Thom Yorke trac...
- I have had a hard day and am knackered. Work mostl...
- Today on my day off i spent 8 hours in a casino. I...
- What i am listening to today : Rufus Wainwright ...
- I am not going to post anything deep today. Did al...
- So today i collpased at work. I have been pulling ...
- Today i went out for a few hours and bought clothe...
- Madonna is our pop goddess. She has worked hard at...
- A journalist from London called Edmonton Deadmon...
- My Funny Valentine Today i heard this song twice...
- What I am reading Virago book of naughty verse (...
- I was reading the salon article on camgirls and t...
- Tonight i saw Politically Incorrect with Rufus W...
- i had a full day.i am tired . I have nothing to say.
- Three Things . one On a board i frequent , Mo...
- I swam, went to mass, worked and slept today . Sis...
- Kurt Cobain Kurt Cobain was 27 in 1994. I was 1...
- Do you ever play a peice of music until you feel d...
- I would like to make this water wine , but it is i...
- Alot of shit happened today and i am sort of writi...
- I collect three kinds of anthologies. Maybe collec...
- I noise is music, music noise Cage There is a...
- I talk to a buddy on icq an hour twice a week . i...
- I am not a nature freak. Even when i canoe i want...
- There is one advantage to funerals. You among the ...
- why do you listen to the music you do My friend...
- i edit poorly. i was rereading my entries and them...
- Teen Jeopardy is amazing these 15 year olds with t...
-
▼
8
(33)
AWESOME BLOGGERS, BLOGGING AWESOMENESS
About Me
- Anthony
- i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment