all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Tuesday, August 14, 2001


Tonight i saw Politically Incorrect with Rufus Wainwright and some schmuck from the traditional family council. Bill asked why Homosexuality ( that quaint and clinical sounding word) was unnatural. The ass hole from the TVA said it was because it was deadly. Yes AIDS kills but Syphilis kills as well. Guess who got more syph for the past 100 years, Maybe its a reporting concern. Rufus said AIDS kills breeders as well . The breeder said he was married for 50 years and does not have AIDS. Is this a question of monogamy ? Someone asked before AIDS why homo sex was morally wrong. He responded it was unnatural . Bill said Nature was Kinky. Which it is.


I came out at work today. I got the some of my best friends are defense which i think is funny but the way i came out was interesting. I said i was queer, I use that term. I prefer it. I wonder why. Is it because i view reclaiming language as revoltionary . Yes . Is it because it shocks. Yes. Is it because it is short and inclusive. Of course. But all of those reasons fell short. I figured out why i use it after i saw this program. I am not sure my sexual identity is hard wired. But i feel terrified by nature. By labelling myself as Queer i can reject nature. I can find new ways to bond. I do not need to worship my biological clock. I can view sex as communion or fun . Being Queer as opposed to gay or homosexual is telling the Neurotic Mother Nature to fuck off.


They use to call us inverts . That is the term i want to reclaim. A turning away from nature. A turning on the heel of family values. A radical reclaiming of community. Thats my favourite term . That and Harry Hays two. First was homophile, I love the company of men. It is not all about sex.


The second is Radical Fairy. This is also important. We used to be channels for gender. Drag was a miracle. It was where we channeled all gendered and non gendered spirits. The original Fairies , the ones with wings, stole boy children and replaced them with their own like Cuckoos. We did that with pop culture. It seems we can no longer claim that tradition. We are not the Trojan horse. We are wallowing in a mire of solipsism.


Lets ignore nature. Lets fuck safely. Lets take the boas and dresses out of the closet .
Lets forget this gym worship. Let us Remember that the queens started throwing pennies and high heels in Stonewall. Lets not put on suits and apply for domestic partnership benefits. Let us be like the Spartans and form armies of lovers. . Leather is just the negative of sequins.
















what i am listening to



What is real - Silver Jews

Out of Russia (a classical comp featuring Schittke and Loure

Music- Madonna

Rising - Yoko

Rich mans Woman- Muddy Waters



what i am reading
Love Sonnets - Edmund Spenser

Edward the Second - Kit Marlowe



the last Movie i saw



The Eyes of Tammy Faye ( started as a camp thing, ended with me feeling sorry for tammy

Monkey bone ( wins for bizarre look and Dave Foley in a blond dye job )



Art I like



Wayne Thiebads Lemon Pies

The debate on Rauschenbergs goat ( it may be a symbol of sodomy)


Quote



"It's not their Bible or their God to control. The Bible belongs to anyone who will love it, play with it, push it to its limits, touch it, and be touched by it - and the same is true for God.



Reverend Nancy Wilson

Metropolitan Community Church

"Our Tribe, Queer Folks, God, Jesus and the Bible"


I'll thank you to let me read, in a crowded cafeteria, bodymod porn that involves runt deer and Siamese clowns, if that happens to be my kinky inclination!

Web Gleaning






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.