all shall be well all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well julian of norwich

Monday, August 20, 2001

I would like to make this water wine , but it is impossible/ I've got to get these dishes dry"



Eat Rice, Wash Bowl


Zen Koan

Today as usual i started the day with prayer.

i mean formal prayer, as in the rosary. But i had a prayerful day.

There is power in making the plain holy , It is a joy to be simple . I spent five hours in dull domesticity. I cooked , i cleaned, i shelved and hoovered.



This seems to be the human version of the first verse of Genesis. Where we find order in Chaos. I am not saying i am G-d. But that i aspire to the divine. Maybe this is pride. But it seems more complicated then that. The above Koan was my first buddhist teaching. I talked to a monk and told him I was not sure i believed in G-d. He told me those four words. Do the most immediate thing first.



Their are pilgrimages everywhere. If you believe in Catholicism , you go to Lourdes or Gaudalope . If you believe in Moroni you go to Salt Lake or Palymara or Kirkland. If you believe in Allah you go to Messina or Mecca. If you believe in Art you go to Venice every second year in July or August or Kassel. If you believe in Elvis you go to Graceland in the second week of August. If you are queer you flee to the nearest port city as soon as you can.



But is this washing your bowl . Or is this leaving it to find ants and cockroaches ?

Maybe this is my being a hypocrite because i am going to Vancouver again this winter. Maybe when you return you see your mucked up bowl . Maaybe things become

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

i am a sixteen foot sasquatch.